The BAMC Auxiliary and the Spouses’ Club of the Fort Sam Houston Area Charitable Organization (SCFSHA CO) are both volunteer-run service organizations that provide year-round support to organizations and initiatives that benefit San Antonio’s military community, as well as the city as a whole. The Auxiliary largely focuses its efforts on projects related to Brooke Army Medical Center’s patients and their families, while the SCFSHA CO helps support a wider range of efforts that improve the quality of life for military in San Antonio.
Combined, the members of the Auxiliary and SCFSHA CO contributed thousands of volunteer hours to community efforts last year, and donated nearly $100,000 to local organizations and projects.
Here’s where some of our money and time was spent last year:
- Brooke Army Medical Center’s Fisher House and Center for the Intrepid
- Meals for our wounded, injured, and ill military members and their families at the
Warrior & Family Support Center
- Books and movies for pediatric patients at BAMC
- Socks for burn patients
- Educational scholarships for military family members
- Wreaths Across America
- Dogs on Deployment
- Local Girl and Boy Scout troops
The Celebrate Military Community Gala will benefit the goals of both organizations throughout the coming year. The gala is being co-hosted by both organizations, and members from both organizations are on the gala subcommittee.